Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweenie weekend


A fun weekend of ghosts, goblins, and a midieval family! Friday was our ward Halloween party, with a pumpkin carving contest...I'm a sucker for such contests and had way too much fun creating this of a certain prominent church leader. I didn't win my free cruise like I was hoping for though. :)
Rudy wasn't able to make it as he was just returning from a week long externship. (hence the picture of the floating crown-- the wizard apparently accidentally turned him invisible and couldn't turn him back before the party.)
We were all able to go trick or treating as a family on Saturday and were even joined by a group of traveling cowboys! :) We got to enjoy a feast of pumpkin pizza, goblin goo and eyeballs in blood for dinner...YUM! Yay for Halloween!



8 comments:

Bry and Rach said...

great job on the pumpkin!!! That is awesome! You are so talented!

jaredandjen said...

Thanks for letting us crash your halloween. We had a lot of fun.

Sarah said...

Are you kidding me? You really did that? I don't know why I am surprised. And you? Liking contests? No way! :)

Ginny said...

not surprised but still oober impressed! well done!!! (and i love the invisible wizard, even if no one else got it!)

James and Summer said...

okay - so I saw the carving on Ginny's blog first - go there for your comment. You are an inspiration!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Whoa! Amazing prophet pumpkin! That's awesome!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

I also like your family costumes and especially like the crown attachment! That's funny. Ward parties are harder without a husbands, huh?

Amber said...

I'm still laughing about the floating crown. So funny. You are awesome Missy. I can't believe how you do it all. THat pumpkin is incredible. You should carve and sell pumpkins ;) You'd be rich!!! I also LOVE your blog header. So cute.