Saturday, September 27, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
So I decided since Tucker is improving drastically with correct word pronunciation, that I need to try and record all of his wonderful attempts at linguistic communication for the past few months before I forget them. I think my all-time favorite is his word for the playground/slide. We got a little tykes playground for the backyard a couple of months ago and Tucker loves it. When he'd go out to play he'd make the sound of him climbing the stairs by saying "doo doo doo doo" (saying each 'doo' one note higher than the next), then down the slide would be "WEEEEE". The result? He now asks, "Mama? Doodoowee Peese?" When he's really excited or in a hurry it's just "Doowee". He still says "keecoo" for cookie, "mam" for milk, and "bmm bmm" (closed mouth in tone of 'Thank You') for thank you. Tucker calls his brother Cooper "bmm-pa"...close, buddy. :) Water is "wallow", not to be confused with his good buddy Laurie...who somehow also became "wallow"....but he's improved on that one...now it's "wally" for Laurie. Whenever he hurts himself he'll come up to me and point "oweee" with a big pout. I'll kiss it and he'll say, "bebber?...ya." give me a big grin and run off. Whenever he asks for something with a one word demand I ask him, 'how do you ask?' He responds by cocking his head to one side, getting a cheesy grin and mumbling "da da da ____ peese"...I'm pretty sure the mumbled 'da da da' is "mommy, can I have some..." Ok, so as I write this I realize how far he still has to go to be somewhat coherent to anyone besides me! :) He'll go on these long tangents of rambles in which he always finds a way to fit in "almose" (which is still his word for ice cream, ice cream truck, and awesome...almost he actually pronounces with a 't'.) and "eight" and "thirteen" and "bye", sometimes he'll pronounce random letters or talk about his "tee-ar" (car). He'll count from one to ten...that's always entertaining. If he counts with him instigating it this is roughly how it goes..."one, two, eight, firteen, eight, firteen, eight, eight!" if I start with one, he'll usually follow with "two, free, bive, kicks, seben, eight, nine, ten, Firteen, eight, FIRTEEN!" :) (don't ask me what the obsession is about 8 and 13..and what happened to four?)
Good times. Love you Tuck!
Posted by The Wolf Family at 12:54 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2008
So I've gotten a couple of tags, and since I have a little more free time on my hands, I'm going to fulfill them! :)
6 words that describe my life (Thanks Lis!):
3. Peaceful (during quiet time, for two hours of church, and at night :)
nother tag...this time the rules are as follows (listing them does not necessarily mean I will follow them):
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let the person know you tagged them on their blog.
Ginny is the tagger on this one...thought I was done with her tagging me after I turned 12. Guess some things never change :)
1. I had a bug collector as a child and would let daddy long legs crawl all over my hands and arms...for anyone who knows me now would think I'm lying through my teeth. Not sure what traumatic thing happened, but now I see the tiniest little spider and I freak...I mean FREAK.
2. I can pop my shoulder bones out of my back (my scapula...for Rudy) and flap them like a chicken.
3. I LOVE having time to myself doing mundane things like mowing lawns or weeding. I enjoy thinking about everything and nothing and seeing the progress I make in whatever chore I'm doing.
4. I truly believe that everything in life happens for a reason. Lots of people think some things just happen, but I don't believe that. I feel like God is over everything and even the little things that don't seem to matter or make sense I believe He's set in place for one reason or another.
5. I gave birth naturally, don't remember the last time I cried because of pain, and feel like I'm a pretty tough chicka...except when it comes to any pain from a dentist or OB checkup, I'm a total WIMP!....guess I don't like the idea of a doctor inside any bodily cavity (too much information? I think so! Sorry! :) (ironic about the dentist, no?)
6. I love dissonance. I could listen to music with dissonance forever. I love creating harmony with music, especially when it's complex and close together.
There...and with how random I am, I could DEFINITELY keep going...but I'll spare you.
Tag 6 other people?
uhh...anyone who wants to! :) You're it!
Posted by The Wolf Family at 9:06 PM