Monday, March 2, 2009

I LOVE SNOW DAYS!!

YAY! For the first time since we've moved to Virginia (three years ago), we got SNOW! I mean, we've had a little here and a little there, but nothing that ever really stuck or gave us the infamous 'snow days' we had heard so much about-- how Virginia pretty much shuts down if it snows because they don't have plows, etc. Well, we got a snow day!! And we even got a REAL snow...about a foot! It started Sunday night when we were supposed to go to a marriage fireside from 7-9 and Tucker was going to go to a 'movie party' with his friends. Well, we made it out two blocks and found out why the state closes down when it snows! It was impossible and we were swirving all over. We decided to head back home. Tucker was pretty bummed so we decided to have our own movie party. We got popcorn, cocoa and had a blast!

The fun continued today as Rudy stayed home and we played in the snow, drank more cocoa and enjoyed time together 'stuck' inside. Sadly, Rudy's got to go back tomorrow, but it was great fun to make some memories today! I love my family!! :)

In mid-'angel fall'
Rudy says my snow men weird him out... guess he doesn't appreciate real art! ;)

9 comments:

Ginny said...

yay for snow days!!! soooooo fun and cute! for the record, your snow man is a little strange (which may be what qualifies it as art) but coop's snow get up is what really weirds me out!!! :-)

Ginny said...

ps...still wishin' we could share the snow fun...

Ginny said...

now I'm just tryin' to wrack up the comment total! muhahaha

KRISTIN BELL said...

I'm with Rudy. Creepy.

Rucker Family said...

Yay for snow days! I actually think your snow dude is kinda handsome, haha j/k. Atleast you don't have to worry about any creeps hangin' out around your house as long as he's around, haha!

Lisa/Scott said...

FUN!! Scott is always raving about the snow days in Philly. Looks like it was a great day. P.S. I agree with your husband, your snowman scares me a little. Yes it's artistic, but it would look like the shadow of a real person outside my home at night.

Clayton and Amber said...

Yay for Snow! Love the snow"man". I might have to agree with Rudy on that one! Ha ha. Your boys are so cute, and I just can't get over Coopers cute eyes. What handsome little guys! I'm glad you had a fun family day...those are the best.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Hmm, I wouldn't say creepy about the snowman. I would say, "unique." It is good though. Cute pictures! That top one of Cooper is adorable! The snow was soo fun!

Sarah said...

First snow? Are you kidding? I thought Virginia got more snow then we did? So not fair! And I personally like your snowman and so does Micah! :)