Thursday, October 9, 2008

Emotions


Boys. I'm so glad I have two boys. Coming from a family of all girls, you'd think I'd know how to deal with girls better. Nope. I've always been a girl relatively low on the emotional scale and always hung out better with the boys. I was really excited I was a girl so I could marry a boy and didn't have to deal with all of the emotions! :) HOWEVER, I'm coming to find that gender plays no differentiating role when it comes to being two years of age! And what I'm finding even MORE entertaining than the fact that everyday I'm trying to communicate with a pint-sized, irrational, bundle-of-energy 'teenager' who doesn't understand 70% of what I'm saying, is the ways he chooses to express those emotions through his facial expressions.
...at least I don't have to throw hormones in the mix yet! :)

Here's one of the happier emotions. I think this one was because there was another red tomato ready to be picked...wow...exciting, no??
This would be the teenager I was referring to...


Oh to wonder what Cooper will be like...
I LOVE parenting!!
And I love Bumbos! (Bumbo: a seating device (shown above) for 3-6 months. A miraculous dinner-assister.) Cooper does too...he's just sneezing right now so he couldn't show you how much he loves it.

OH! and here's a random picture to throw in the mix. This is what happens when I pour water down Cooper's head when rinsing it after a bath. Fascinating natural hair line, no? Can't wait to have TWO boys with completely unstyleable hair! Again...good reason to have two boys...and two good hats! :)

6 comments:

Ginny said...

cute cute...but i would expect no less!!

Bry and Rach said...

they are very cute!!! The personality/teenager issues seems to have reached Kallie already and she is only 7 1/2months. We are in for the ride of our lives and loving every moment.

Michelle said...

Fun pictures Meliss, I totally agree, bumbos are a life saver. I'm glad Coopers hair is just wet, when I first saw it I thought it was a huge scar, phew!

Sarah said...

First off...that first picture of Tucker looks so much like you! And since I knew you at that age I'm sure I'm the expert on it...but really, I think he looks just like you! And at first I thought Cooper looked like you and Tucker but from these new pictures I see a lot of Rudy in him. I always find it interesting to hear what other people think your kids look like! I also have always wanted a kid to look like me (heaven only knows why!) but so far I think I am 0 for 2! Before I read that caption to the hair line picture I thought it was a scar on his head!...glad I read on!

Rucker Family said...

Love the pics! Tucker is so funny! I can't believe that hair line. Cooper just keeps getting cuter and cuter every time I see him. You guys make cute boys! :)

Clayton and Amber said...

You are so funny missy! I totally agree on the emotions of a two year old boy! HELP! We are lucky we have boys, because let's be honest, it's hard enough dealing with one girl in the family especially with pregnancy and post pregnancy joys(me)!