Thursday, February 28, 2013

February

A whole busy month in one post!  Here we go!  I  always have to start off the month of February by saying, "Happy Dental Health Month!" Molar Man is especially busy this month visiting all kinds of local schools to teach about dental health!  What a hot tooth!! :)

The month started off with a newborn and a 30th birthday!  I wanted to have 4 kids before I turned 30 and I made it by 10 days! :) (a surprise because he didn't come two weeks late like i was planning on!)
 I had happened upon a couple of clues that made me pretty sure Rudy was getting me a MacBook for my birthday.  Although I wasn't too happy about the cost of something like that, I was actually really excited about the gift...I was just hoping there was some way he got a good deal on it.  Being such a large gift, I didn't even think about him doing anything else for my birthday.
So the night before my birthday, we dropped the kids off at the Malones so we could go on a date.  We went out to a nice dinner then grabbed some ice cream at the grocery store to come back to their house and play some games with them before we went home.  I walked through their door to see a green MacBook sitting on their counter. Surprise!  I tried to act as suprised as I could as i walked around to see the green keyboard (Rudy maximized on my favorite color).  Then I looked at the screen. Cute. Rudy had gotten a photo of some of my family and put it as the desktop picture.  Wait. Nicole is moving.  Is my Dad laughing??  What is going on!?  SURPRISE!  They had skyped my family and they were all there waiting to say Happy Birthday!  So fun!  So after a couple of minutes talking to them thinking this was such a great birthday gift, Rudy decided that he wanted to show how the computer could be connected to the TV downstairs, so down we walk to the basement...
SURPRISE!
Rudy and Lauren Malone had secretly gotten together over a dozen of our friends to give me not one, but TWO surprise parties!  That was such a true surprise!  Here i was thinking I had him figured out and it never even crossed my mind that he'd go so overboard (although now thinking back, I dont know why I didn't guess he'd go big as I think about the way he proposed! :) Nonetheless, it was a great party with family and friends and fun games.  I don't have many pictures of that night except this one of Rudy winning a Minute To Win It game pulling out all tissues from a box individually in under a minute. Way to go babe! :)  
Thanks to all who were involved in making my 30th a VERY memorable one!! 


After my bday, we just enjoyed Micah and tried to figure out how to do 4 kids.  Thank goodness a few days later...



My parents came!  YAY!  So fun!  There was a lot of playing...

And playing...
And playing...
And playing...
And playing...
And playing...
And cuddling.

Ok, in reality, we did play a lot and had a lot of fun, but my parents helped out more than I can even write about!  They were always there helping with the kids, cleaning, cooking, running errands, making baby (and mommy) blankets, etc, etc.  It was so wonderful, and so very appreciated!

Also, I got a second bday celebration with my mom bringing out all of my childhood toys- my Cabbage Patch doll (cleaned, mended, and just like new!), the Littlest Pet Shop, etc. As well as some frames and a BYU blanket she tied while she was here.  My 30th was the birthday that just keeps on giving! 
:)

We were able to bless Micah while they were here too!  Such a sweet experience! So glad all my boys have such great examples of worthy, wonderful priesthood holders in my husband and father!!


It was hard to have them go!  We miss them and cant wait to see them again!!
We love you NanaPapa!



Now, back to trying to figure out 4 kids on my own...

1 comments:

Rucker Family said...

Yay! Glad you had a fun birthday with lots of surprises! Your kids are the cutest! Wish we could get together sometime soon! Sure do miss you guys!