Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

I love Easter!  The Earth is coming back to life, weather's getting warm, and a wonderful day to focus on the Savior and His Resurrection! We had a wonderful day going to church, finding Easter baskets, enjoying the afternoon and dinner with good friends, the Malones, and loving a chance to Skype with the cousins and extended family in the evening.  Couldn't ask for a better day!



 Tucker had an Easter egg hunt at school on Friday.  We all went to watch and Cooper actually got to help and have treats in his class afterwards!  Love little schools! :)






Trying to get a picture of the kids in their cute Easter clothes... this is the best we got.  The second one just makes me laugh.  Somehow during the picture taking process, Rudy thought he'd get better smiles out of the kids by giving them ipods and phones.  Kyla: "Mom, Really? Can't you see I'm texting??" 


 Cooper found his basket!  T-ball bat! Yess!


 Finding the eggs, then celebrating the spoils by swinging!

 Made my first official ham- with funeral potatoes and jello salad, of course. :)  Turned out not too shabby! Then we were able to Skype with my family.  Miss you all terribly!

Good food, good friends, family, fun- all the while remembering what the day is truly all about!
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Rucker Family said...

Love this post! I can't believe how big Kyla is getting! Holy cow! We need to meet her before she grows into a little lady ;) Glad you all had a fun Easter. Miss you!

Sarah said...

All so cute! I can't believe how big your little girl is getting! When your mom told me she is almost a year old I was blown away! She is a doll and I think looks like Ginny's little girl. And I LOVE the dressing up! Whatever makes them happy I say DO IT! Reminds me of the good ol' days when we use to play dress up! :)