Friday, July 25, 2008

Crazy fun times with Mom and Dad Gardner

Ok, so this is going to be more of a picture journal entry for my own benefit so I can remember all of the fun things we did while my parents were here. Feel free to take a peek into my journal if you're so interested :)
Ron and Wendy came on the 9th of July and stayed until the 22nd. There was no wasted time. We saw everything we hadn't seen in Virginia as well as revisiting some Virginia essentials with them. Besides having tons of fun 'doing' stuff, we had tons of fun having them get to know Cooper and see our Virginia life. We miss you already!!
One thing that was so great was to have them here for Cooper's blessing! It was the first grandchild in 4 years that my dad has been able to be in the circle for! (he missed 4 while he was gone!) Cooper's donning Rudy's old Christening outfit, thanks to Rudy's mom for keeping it and letting us use it.
Rudy and Dad 'man bonding' putting together a backyard toy for Tucker that Rudy's been wanting for a while.The essence of our sightseeing trip...all looking at maps, trying to decide what to hit next...yet all still a little lost. :)
This was our first excursion-to Jamestown.Here's the wild animal Tucker in his natural habitat...look at him as he sneaks up on his goose prey.
We are officially in the record books for our one-day tour of Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Yankee Candle Co, AND Pierce's BBQ and made it home to put Tucker down before it got dark! WHEW!! THAT was a full day!Papa walking with Tucker around our beautiful Maymont Park. We got to see the Maymont Mansion and take a tour of all the beautiful stuff owned by the Dooley family.
Such a fun connection! Sandi Poulson, my mom's best friend in high school, lives 5 minutes away from us. Wendy and Sandi got to reunite and we got a tour from the woman who's lived here for many years and knew all the 'backroads'.
Sandi took us on a Canal Boat Tour showing us the extensive canal system George Washington set up. Tucker loved it because it ran next to an old railroad and he got to see a real CHOO CHOO! What a handsome daddy waiting for a canal ride! :)

Sandi also showed us where she worked- a non-profit organization for religious freedom. There was a wall of religions that were persecuted through the ages, the far end picture is Dallin H. Oaks, representing the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

We went to Charlottesville on our last full day, starting with an old style colonial meal at Michie's Tavern...YUM.
Then moving onto James Monroe's house...which we didn't get to see because they charged lots o money just to even see the outside of the house. So then we hit an old shopping area then off to Monticello to see Jefferson's house. He had a great view!
Look! It's the back of a nickel! Fun to be where Jefferson lived.
Cute Nana doing her favorite thing while in Richmond...holding cute Cooper.
Good times hanging out and playing games filled in the rest of the vacation.

Random picture of CUTE BABY FEET! I have a thing for baby feet.
Random picture of CUTE COOPER! I have a thing for Cooper. :)
Random picture of CUTE WOLF BOYS! I have a thing for my wolf boys! :)

4 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

I want Ron and Wendy to come stay with me for that long!!!! I wouldn't mind me a little coffee cake either....yummo..and some sourdough waffles!! maybe some frozen cookies!

Ginny said...

sheesh...that comment by Kristin made ME miss mom and dad!!! :-) I recognize pics make blog posts better, but I do have to say that captions (aka WORDS) made that post WAY better. I saw it before you captionized it and I liked it much better this time. Just my two cents...or maybe a nickel.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

I'm glad that you guys had a nice visit! I wanted to tell you a couple weeks ago that when your mom made a comment in RS(she was saying that she could vizualize the kite) I could totally see you in her- from her inflections, to hand gestures, to her word choice. It was totally cute!

Michelle said...

What cute little feet!