Monday, June 23, 2008

Shouldn't you have popped by now??

I think that's my favorite of all the wonderfully helpful comments I've gotten as I'm now a week past my due date and NO BABY! Other equally endearing ones are: oh...you're STILL here?? Haven't you gotten that baby out yet?? Aren't you supposed to be done?? Haven't taken enough rides on bumpy roads, huh? CASTOR OIL! Why don't you try jumping up and down a little more? What's wrong with your doctor, why hasn't he induced you yet?? Oh...you poor thing. Bless your heart! :)

I guess I shouldn't be that surprised as Tucker wasn't even close to ready at 10 days past the due date. I'm hoping to wait this one out for another week and say lots of prayers because I want so bad to feel what it's like to actually GO into labor and to not have a replay of the horrible induction experience I had last time. The only problem is I have a doctor that is VERY much FOR induction and c-section. Why, you ask, have I not changed doctors?...that's an exceptional question! I heard so many great things about him just being ok w/ whatever the patient wanted and being really flexible...little did I know all the people I talked to were people who wanted elective c-section or to be induced 2 weeks early...he's not a fan of people who want to take the more natural route. Don't get me wrong, he really is a great guy...just not my style and I found it out too late. So now I'm just waiting with the doctor on my heels almost begging me to get an induction and telling me all of the bad things that can happen the longer I wait, while I get all kinds of comments from people about how bad my doctor must be because he hasn't induced me (little do they know :) or how crazy I am for wanting to stick it out until my baby ACTUALLY becomes overdue at 42 weeks. I think next time I'm just going to tell everyone that my due date is actually two weeks later than it is. :) Whew! Ok...I've officially vented. Hopefully the next post will be pics of a healthy baby boy! :) Just have to keep telling myself that I actually WILL have this baby...eventually....right???

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job Meliss, I'm glad you got that off your chest. Don't you love how people think it's okay to insult you just because your pregnant? Anyway, trust your instincts, and we'll pray for a quick delivery and healthy baby! Best Wishes!

Rucker Family said...

I'm sending labor vibes your way! Hope little Wolf #2 comes soon! Let me know if you need anything. Kylea is excited to have a sleepover party with Tucker! :)

Ann-Marie said...

Just keep thinking...healthy baby...healthy baby...healthy baby! That makes everything worth it!

Kam said...

Um, when I read the title of this entry, I swear it said "Haven't you pooped yet?" I'm glad it wasn't about constipation.